How to make a safe email address Edit
See our page on making a safe email address
Silver Spring - La Boule Joyeuse Edit
- For contact information, enquire with the president of the National Capitol Club de Petanque in Virginia.
- We play play near the picnic pavilion in the Carderock Recreation Area (just north of the Washington DC beltway) Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. We meet around 11:45 A.M., play a game or two, have lunch from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM and resume play for the afternoon.
- DRIVING DIRECTIONS. Access to the Carderock Recreation Area is from the Clara Barton Parkway in Maryland, approximately 1 mile north of the Capital Beltway in Maryland. Take exit 41 from the Beltway. Coming from the beltway, you will be going north on the Clara Barton Parkway. Go about one mile; you will pass the Naval Training Center (a dome-like structure) on your right. Take the "Carderock" exit off of the Clara Barton Parkway, turn left at the STOP sign, go across the bridge over the Parkway, and turn left again to double back to the park entrance. Follow the "Carderock" signs down into the park. You will go through a small tunnel. At the STOP sign, turn left and follow the road to the last parking lot. We will be there at the Pavilion or close by.
Silver Spring - La Boule Félêe (dead)Edit
- As of 2012, this club has been defunct for a couple of years.
- It used to play at Glenfield Park in Silver Spring
Silver Spring - Glenfield Park (terrain)Edit
- Glenfield Park, 12800 Layhill Road, Silver Spring, MD, near Washington, DC.
- DIRECTIONS: From the Capitol Beltway, proceed north on Georgia Avenue. After approximately 2 miles, cross University Boulevard. Continue proceeding north on Georgia Avenue for about 2 more miles. At the intersection with Layhill Road, turn right onto Layhill Road. After about a third of a mile, you will see the entrance to Glenfield Park on the left.
See also the District of ColumbiaEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.