How to make a safe email address Edit
See our page on making a safe email address
________ NEW YORK CITY METRO AREA ________ Edit
Overview of New York City petanqueEdit
- La Boule New Yorkaise plays pétanque in Washington Square Park and Bryant Park.
Other pétanque aficionados play
- at McCarren Park in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- in Carroll Park in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn
- in Central Park — in the sand at Heckscher Ballfield #3 and the cinder bridle path near Tavern on the Green
New York City - La Boule New YorkaiseEdit
- LBNY is one of the oldest, largest, and most active clubs in the USA.
- The LBNY web site is well-maintained and an excellent source of information.
- We are a FPUSA member club. See FPUSA for email and contact information.
Brooklyn - Brooklyn BouleEdit
- plays in McCarren Park in North Brooklyn
- This club may be dead... possibly absorbed into La Boule New Yorkaise
Brooklyn - New York Petanque ClubEdit
- New York Pétanque Club has its own court in Brooklyn, NY at Prospect Park Parade Grounds (map).
________ TERRAINS IN THE NEW YORK CITY AREA ________ Edit
New York City - Bryant Park terrainEdit
- At Bryant Park, there are two gravel terrains near 6th Ave and 42nd St. There are free lessons every weekday, from 11:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., April to October. New York City tournaments are generally held at Bryant Park.
New York City - Washington Square Park terrainEdit
________ OTHER CITIES IN NEW YORK STATE ________ Edit
Esperance - Boule on KillEdit
- As of October 20, 2012 this club seems no longer to exist.
- Telephone and email contact information no longer work.
Shelter Island - Shelter Island House - hotel terrainEdit
- Nice 8-room B&B/hotel. Formerly La Maison Blanche
- The 1800's house is beautifully restored and equipped with modern amenities and a pool.
- On-site French bakery, complimentary bikes, and pétanque courts.
Westchester - Petanque Club of WestchesterEdit
- We play at Croton Point Park, 1A Croton Point Avenue, Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520, about 40 miles north of Manhattan (map)
- We operate as a satellite club of La Boule New Yorkaise
- The web page has had no new post since 2009, but a link has been added to the FPUSA's new (October 2013) promotional video, so the club must still be alive.
Larchmont- Boules Larchmontaises (closed)Edit
- This club is dead.
- They used to play in Flint Park in Larchmont, New York, just north of New York City and just east of Yonkers. Map
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.