How to make a safe email address Edit
See our page on making a safe email address
statewide - Carolina PetanqueEdit
Carolina Petanque plays in various cities and towns in both North Carolina and South Carolina
- Our blog site is http://carolina-petanque.blogspot.com/
- We play most Sundays in Winston-Salem NC at Miller Park (on the corner of Queen Street and Leisure Lane) from 1:00 pm until dark.
- To receive a weekly announcement of where we're playing, visit our blog and send us email.
- We have been an FPUSA member club since 2007. See FPUSA for email and contact information.
- CarolinaPetanque was started as an effort to establish the first FPUSA club in the Carolinas, and we have members in both North and South Carolina..
- Though we play most often at Miller Park in Winston-Salem, in North Carolina we also play from time to time in Charlotte, Greensboro, Hickory, Newland, Spruce Pine, Sugar Mountain, Mebane, Lexington, Carolina Beach, and Lincolnton.
- In South Carolina, we have also played, though less frequently, in Spartanburg, Rock Hill, Aiken, and North Augusta.
Asheville - Bouchon - east Asheville (restaurant with terrian)Edit
- Bouchon is a very nice French restarant/creperie in downtown Asheville.
- As of summer 2016 Bouchon owner Michel Baudouin is planning to build a second location of his flagship French bistro in the former Fellowship Freewill Baptist Church in East Asheville, at 184 New Haw Creek Road in the neighborhood of Haw Creek. He has big plans for the space, including gardens and a petanque court. There will be plenty of outdoor space for petanque. “I play with a bunch of buddies every Friday afternoon, and we needed more courts,” Baudouin said, laughing. If plans are approved, the second location of Bouchon should open spring 2017, after renovations to remove a steeple and fashion the exterior of the building and landscaping after a French farmhouse.
- Read more at http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2016/05/31/new-bouchon-planned-east-asheville/85210192/
Spruce Pine - Riverside Park Baseball Field (terrain)Edit
- 305 Tappan Street Spruce Pine, NC 28777
Chapel Hill - Inn at Bingham School (terrain)Edit
- The in is located in Mebane.
- The Inn has two beautiful courts with regular play.
- Owner of the Inn, Francois Deprez, is a member of Carolina Petanque, and can provide more information about the courts.
- See wikipedia article on Research Triangle
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.